Saturday 4 September 2010

What A Start!

After missing the Restart the other day on the Malvern's
I had to go and have another go. I had a couple of hours
of spare time this afternoon so off I went. The weather
started of well today with good sunshine but as the afternoon
wore on it started to become dull and overcast, still this
wasn't going to stop me.

I arrived in the car park unpacked my gear and
started my accent, within a few minutes I was on the
top, no sooner had I got my Bins out the rain started.
Great!...It didn't really come to anything other than a
few spot's, thank goodness.

At the top I was greeted by 20-30 Meadow Pipits, Unusual
I don't usually manage to see so many, I spent a little while
looking through them to see if there was anything other
than the Mipits but nothing!

I carried on my way over to what is known as Wheatear
Valley. I clambered down the hill and soon found the usual
few Meadow Pipits in the Hawthorns.

Think this one's in desperate need of a manicure!


A further look revealed Wheatear. At least
two, not very obliging though the best I could
manage today.

The main prize took a little more time to show his
self but He was more than worth the wait as I think
you'll agree, very obliging.
Occasionally dropping down on the ground
in search of a meal.




A nice way to spend a couple hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment