Wednesday 21 April 2010

Venus Pool - The New Hide

I settled down into the new hide and
straight away spotted an Oystercatcher
sitting on the island to my left, a quick
photograph confirmed she was sitting
on two eggs, just hope they sit them
the full term.



All the Oystercatchers in my experience
tend to move off eggs quite often, not sure
if it's because there young inexperienced
birds or they just get easily disturbed.
In this case the only thing I could see
that may put them off was the occasional
visit from another Oystercatcher, mind
you he /she was soon seen off.



Throughout the rest of the day the
Oystercatchers made regular changeovers
for sitting giving me the perfect opportunity
for a few flight shot's.





Straight out in front of the hide is another
island which gave more opportunities
throughout the course of day for Little
Ringed Plover, Oystercatcher and Yellow
Wagtail.

No comments:

Post a Comment